INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENT & INVESTMENT PROMOTION DIVISION (IDIPD)
Vaega o le Atina'e o Pisinisi ma le Faalauiloaina o Alamanuia
The Division provides policy and other advice on investment promotions and industry development. It facilitates the development of the industrial sector through active promotion of both local and foreign investment in the country. It maintains the Foreign Investors registry and follows up on status of those investments. The Division coordinates information on the state of industry and economic development and works closely with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade on trade related issues.
To enhance the development of a sound enabling investment environment through the provision of adequate, accurate and timely information for investor decision through effective administration of existing programs of assistance. These are aimed at sustaining the private sector development.
- Provides policy and other advice to the Minister and through the Minister to Cabinet, on issues pertaining to investment promotion and industry development
- Provides advice on the various schemes administered in the Ministry such asThe Export Development Scheme ( EDS) previously known as Export Guarantee Scheme (GEGS), Private Sector Support Facility (PSSF), Duty Suspension Scheme (DSS), Hotel/Motel and Manufacturing for Export (Duty Concession Scheme) and others
- Consult with Government agencies on all the above areas
- Provides advice to overseas bodies and agencies including regional and international organizations on all of the afore-mentioned areas
- Serves as Secretariat for PSSF Steering Committee, and the TCI Development Board
- Maintain registry of Foreign Investors and follows up on status of their investment
- Coordinates information on the state of industry and economic development
- Consult closely with Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade on trade related issues affecting the other functions of the Ministry
- Disseminates information to stakeholders on general functions of the Division and on various schemes administered in the Division
- Assess and attends to training needs of staff
Updated: 16 June 2008